Saturday, March 18, 2017

A Pizza Party for Two


I hurried home from my meeting only to find that the guys night James had planned with a few friends was cancelled last minute due to some legitimate but still lame family emergencies. He was bummed because of the lack of boy bonding that would be happening, but also because four pizzas were on their way to our house! What one sees as a tragedy, another sees as a pizza party for two waiting to happen! We sat on our living room floor, box in each hand, and ate pizza like our life depended on it. And let me tell you, had our life really depended on it we would have been just fine!

Before long Athena and Justin stopped by and helped us eat more pizza (and cookies--did I mention we made LOTS of cookies?) and gosh, they're just the greatest people. We are lucky to have great friends, those who couldn't come play and those who could, but this night reminded me that we're also lucky to find friendship in each other. I think a pizza party for two just might become a tradition around here!


No comments:

Post a Comment