Thursday, March 23, 2017

This Is Us (With the Stars from This Is Us!!!!!)

I don't know that I've ever liked a show in quite the same way I like This Is Us. It may have even surpassed the mere "like" category and pushed it's way into love/obsession/freakfan status. That's why when James told me that Mandy Moore and Chrissy Metz would be at the event he was attending for his pro-bono adoption work I started yelling, "What? What? WHAT? I have to go! You HAVE to get me a ticket! I have to be there!" I'm not dramatic at all, case in point! He pulled some strings (and a few attorney's in his office had to bail because they were underwater with work) and wallah, there I was eating an over-priced but quite delicious salad a few tables over from the stars of my favorite TV show. The moment was never right for a formal introduction, but Mandy and I made serious eye contact as she stood behind the podium cracking jokes with Chrissy, so I know were I to run into them again we could pick it up riiiiight where we left off. Although this time I'd try harder to wipe the star-struck smile from my face. 

I nearly never see him unless it's the smack-dab middle of the night and he's kissing me on the head after sneaking into our room. So yeah, this was a nice little mid-week adventure!


Maybe neither of their most flattering expressions, but I was feeling a litttttle stalkerish with my camera out at this fancy dinner so this is as good as it got. What a fun night!

No comments:

Post a Comment