Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Opening Day of Baseball!!!

I probably sound like a broken record with this whole, "I'm so happy when we're all together because work is so crazy thing" but guys, I'm not kidding, work is CRAZY so when we're all together I feel like there should be fireworks and treats and pictures--lots of pictures! This last weekend a deal James had been working on for weeks died on Thursday only to be resurrected Friday night. We knew what that meant, our weekend was blown. But comments didn't come first thing Saturday morning as expected and we ended up as a complete unit for the Little League Opening Ceremony. How fun is that? We cheered on our cute little guys and had so much fun at the brand new park next to the baseball diamonds. We're on teams full of friends, the boys have been practicing nonstop in the backyard and I can't help but think this is going to be the greatest sports season us Wig's have ever known. We're definitely off to a good start!

If you're the betting type, always put money on these two being together. 


Not everyone could come to Opening Ceremonies so the numbers are small, but these pics are cute nonetheless. 

Little Miss Sunshine and I root, root, rooting for the home team!

James actually asked for this picture so I was all, uhh...of course! Love those boys of mine.

We are so glad that Dean and T are on the same baseball team this season with Lukie, and Chase and Everett are on the same team too. We really have the greatest friends! On Friday night Quinny was crying when she went to bed, saying that she didn't want to be a girl and wanted to be a boy instead. I asked her why she wanted to be a boy, and she immediately said that she wanted to be on a baseball team like her brothers. I told her that being a girl was super awesome, and that girls can be amazing baseball players--just like boys. I told her that the next day she'd see darling Maggie in her uniform playing on a baseball team and she was SO excited and decided that she'd like to stay being a girl. I've always loved the phrase "You can't be what you can't see" and thanks to Maggie, Quinny now knows that she can be a baseballer like the boys! 

These girls are going to have a lot of practice eating snacks and watching baseball this season. I love these baby besties and I'm so happy that they have each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment