Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Sicky and Naughty

We're just coming off of a solid few weeks of having sickness in our home. It started with Ever, who called me from the nurses office at school saying he had a fever and indeed, was home for nearly a week with pneumonia. It took me a few days to get him into the doctor because it seemed pretty manageable at home, but then the fever kept climbing and he kept getting worse so to the doctor we went. She prescribed Ever an antibiotic and within 12 hours of his first dose the fever was gone and he was feeling better. It was amazing! I am so grateful for modern medicine and also so grateful that this sicky face got better fast.

Cora also got hit with something--or maybe multiple somethings--as did Quinn. There were a few days that I literally couldn't put Coco down for a second without her screaming and crying. It was so sad to see her so helpless and sad, especially since by nature she's such a happy baby, so I just appeased her and got nothing else done. It won't be long before she's too big to curl up for a nap in my arms, so I just sat back and enjoyed.

This was HILARIOUS! Talmage and Everett were having a hard afternoon and fighting about everything so I made them stand in the corner to take some deep breaths before trying to work through their problems again. Quinn turned the corner from the kitchen, saw the boys in time out, and immediately went and stuck her nose in the corner with her brothers! Even the grumpy boys had to smile when they saw that cute princess in time-out with them.

And before long Coco was also trying to get in on the time-out action. Just you wait Coco, I hate to admit it but I'm sure you'll be in time out with those crazy siblings of yours soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment