Wednesday, March 22, 2017

A Mini Reunion in La La Land (& Harry Potter World)

We seem to be in the phase of life where extended family reunions almost always equate to some variation of the stomach flu--and this time was no different. Sure, it made for some cancelled plans and some crazy times, but I'd have to agree with my Dad who later said, "Sure, we were sick for a day, but it was worth it to be there for all the other amazing moments with my kids and grandkids." Isn't that right? And isn't he the cutest?  

So many people sacrificed so much to spend Talmage's birthday weekend and baptism with us and my heart swells thinking about my love for them and their love for us. Someday I'll have a big old house with rooms and beds to spare, but for now I'm just grateful that they'll squeeze into our little place and even a friend's pad so that they can spend some time with us. It was a great time and I can't wait to see all of them (YOU!) again.  

On your left you'll find a normal-sized two year old. On your right you'll find an Amazonian baby! #threeweeksapart #fourinchesapart

Avery is the greatest sister, cousin, niece, friend and little girl around. I love her so, so much.

Uncle Jordan set up scary bear on T's bed!

Alexander Graham Bell and two Harry Potters (one who was too scared so chose school over the theme park, the other who chose theme park over home but then was too scared to ride the rides!) 











 Forgive the millions of pictures with just us and our boy but it was THE most amazing thing to focus all of our attention on just one child. Talmage loved all the rides and all the experiences and was just so grateful and fun all day long. This was his big birthday present from us and I'd say it was a huge success! Thanks to my parents and Jord and Mad who watched all the other children so we could go play!


Poor baby rolled down the sand towards the water!

Seven of the eight McKee grandkids. I can't wait to see baby Hunter in Utah in just a few weeks and get some updated pictures. 

These two have all sorts of crazy pet names for each other! James acts annoyed, but he eats up all of Ash's antics!

The ONLY picture we got of the whole group and it's not even at the baptism, but it's at the beach so #winning. To be fair, people had already started to go downhill by the end of the event and in hindsight, I'm just grateful there was no barf AT the baptism.

Quinny was getting the royal treatment from Papa and Gigi. How cute are they cuddling her in a towel and feeding her oranges. She eats up their attention even more fervently than she was eating up those treats!


Ashleigh took care of all the stressful parts of the baptism so that I could enjoy the spiritual parts. I'm so grateful for her love and support and presence at all of my most important moments. Having your very best friend be your sister just seems too good to be true, but I'm sure glad it's my real life.  



It was great to have some extra time with the McKee's, especially our little Lucy. By the end these two were having full out screaming wars, but for the first six days of the trip they were little BFF's!





Hooray for family! Love you all--see you again real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment