Friday, March 24, 2017

Living. The. Life.

This year in church we are studying about the life of our late prophet Gordon B. Hinckley. I love him so much that even if I had known him personally, laughing at his infectious wit and marveling at his spiritual insights, I honestly don't think I could love him more. He was the prophet of my youth, and the only one I can remember growing up. His words encouraged me to read the Book of Mormon for the first time when I was in middle school, he taught me about obedience over something as silly as an extra ear piercing, he called me on a mission to Taiwan and taught me lifelong lessons in the divine role of womanhood and the power of optimism. James and I were driving to Utah after a whirlwind engagement when I got the phone call that he had passed away. My heart felt love and excitement for the new chapter beginning in my life and also broken that my dear friend and prophet wouldn't be there to see me through it. But nine years later as I revisit his life and lessons I realize that he's been with me all along--comforting me when things are tough, encouraging me to be my better self and reminding me to celebrate the victories and joys of life.

This wasn't meant to be a churchy post, in fact it's really just a photo dump from our last few weeks, but as I collected a couple of my favorite quotes from President Hinckley to share at the beginning I couldn't help but feel gratitude for the impact he's had on my life. I can't wait to continue visiting with him each Sunday for the rest of the year.

"Cultivate an attitude of happiness. Cultivate a spirit of optimism. Walk with faith, rejoicing in the beauties of nature, in the goodness of those you love, in the testimony which you carry in your heart concerning things divine."
"There never was a greater time in the history of the world to live upon the earth than this. How grateful every one of us ought to feel for being alive in this wonderful time with all the marvelous blessings we have."
--President Gordon B. Hinckley

My biggest and babiest babies!

Ever Knight grew that sunflower from a seed and to say he is proud may be the understatement of the century!

Their basketball team had sundaes on a Sunday to celebrate the season but since we couldn't make it they got to pick out their own pint of ice cream for Monday FHE. So proud of these boys--on and off the court.

"Hey Quinny, thumbs up!" And this is what she does!

Hashtag baby sisters with older brothers. Hashtag monsters. Hashtag Ninja Turtles. Hashtag hand-me-downs.

A beautiful birthday lunch for dear Robyn in Downtown Culver. That mint lemonade though, two thumbs up!

Where's Waldo? (But really, where are my boys?) SUCH a beautiful walk home from church through the temple grounds.

Best baby in the world.

My Valentine massage at Tomoko Spa was out of this world. From start to finish this experience was beautiful, relaxing and memorable. Thanks so, so much to James!

Her first braids. Heart eyes, heart eyes.

Sicky days doing puzzles.

My four little sunshines coloring with chalk in the sunshine. I love our backyard!!!

Sure she wants to eat chalk, rocks and leaves and then gags and chokes and makes me a nervous wreck, but she gives me smiles like these in plenty so I let her roll around on the ground and watch her like a hawk!

No comments:

Post a Comment